Fort « Fleur d’Epée »
Rich in his past, he shows fights between the English people and the French people in the 18th century. Today, the place kept all its soul; artistic exhibitions and cultural events take place there regularly. His strategic position offers besides a panoramic view on the bay of Gosier.
Fort of Louis
Situated on a hill, near Bas-du-Fort, this defense system built in the end of the 17th century witnessed battles against the English people in the 18th and at the beginning of the 19th century.
The Church Saint-Louis, set up as 1658, owes its name to king Louis IX, Patron saint of the city of Gosier.
The commemorative stele of the abolition of slavery
Situated at the forefront of Saltworks, she commemorates the landing of Victor Hugues (1762-1826), national Commissioner in Guadeloupe, which emancipated the slaves of the island. The National common decree of February 04th, 1794 abolishing the slavery for the 1st time in Guadeloupe is posted there.
The chapel of Puddle’s Gaillard
Place of worship and typical meditation of the 60s.
The war memorial
Situated on the boulevard of General de Gaulle, This site pays tribute to 1 470 inhabitants of Guadeloupe died during the 1st World war.
Bernard’s mill testifies of rich past to cannier (it is situated in Puddle of Gaillard). He is on a private property.
Saint Félix’s old distillery
she is on a private property. We can however perceive her mill in n°4, dead end Distillery routes of Pliane, after St Félix’s traffic circle.
The museum "Costumes et Traditions " (the only one of the Caribbean) suggests you discovering the history(story) of Guadeloupe through traditional costumes put forward(advanced) in sceness of the life of former days.